Welcome to Cambridge New York. This website provides a variety of free online services for community groups in the Cambridge New York area:
- The Cambridge Farmer's Market is a source of fresh local produce, meats, cheeses, breads, handicrafts, and art.Â It is held every Sunday from 10AM to 2PM, mid May through December.Â In the summer and fall it is located across the street from the Cambridge Hotel.Â In the late fall and winter it moves to the Lovejoy building behind Hubbard Hall.
- The Cambridge Community Garden was founded in 2009 to teach and encourage gardening of all types.Â It contains "victory garden" style plots for rental, and park-like common area plantings of fruit trees, berries, an herb garden, and flowers. Educational programs are being conducted in cooperation with the Cambridge Elementary School and Hubbard Hall.Â The garden is located on Washington Street in the former Asgrow Seed Company trial gardens.
- The Hubbard Hall Garden Forum is a group of gardening enthusiasts that meets monthly in the Beacon Feed building behind Hubbard Hall.Â Meetings focus on a particular topic of interest, such as pruning, tool care, starting seeds, weed and pest control, and field trips to local points of interest.
- The QuÃ©bÃ©cois Bread Oven in an outdoor clay oven built in 2008 as part of the 400 year anniversary of Quebec City.Â Local residents can bring bread dough to scheduled bakes, and it is often used to bake pizza for local events.Â The oven is located between the Lovejoy building and Freight Depot behind Hubbard Hall.
- The Hubbard Hall Tune Jam meets each Tuesday 5:30PM-6:30PM in the Beacon Feed building behind Hubbard Hall to learn traditional and modern Irish, Scottish, Shetland, QuÃ©bÃ©cois, and Appalachian "old timey" music by earÂ All skill levels and instrument types are welcome.
- 539-202-0285 meets from time to time in the area, with a focus on learning and having fun.
- Backyard Chickens was a group of village residents that in 2011 brought about a change in the zoning ordinance to allow 4 to 6 backyard hens in most of the village.
- 2482065099 is a newly formed social and support group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered residents of Southern Washington and Northern Rensselaer County.
- Links to Other Area Sites provides a partial listing of area businesses and organizations.
Add your group
This website is available for the use of any non-profit or citizens' group in the Cambridge NY area.Â For more information on hosting your own pages here, to request a link, or to donate towards the cost of running the site, please see About this Website.